• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Am I crazy?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Oh yeah, 100%
25.00%
4 25.00%
Sure, but with some medical attention you can be cured
25.00%
4 25.00%
No, it's just a CM addiction
50.00%
8 50.00%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What would YOU like to play? Your opinion counts!
05-15-2008, 12:13 AM,
RE: What would YOU like to play? Your opinion counts!
Ratzki Wrote:
enigma6584 Wrote:I personally am into infantry vs infantry types of scenarios. I've been reading a lot of history texts regarding the more common engagements between the standard German infantry divisions and the Russian Rifle divisions. I'd be keen on playing a scenario where the setting is July of 1941, the panzers have moved ahead of the German main body. A German infantry battalion is tasked with clearing a village of remanants of a Russian Rifle battalion.

I am just finishing up a scenario that should scratch this itch for you. It pits a section of the German 299th ID against the much depleted Russian 19th Mech. Corps. in July-Aug 1941. Hopefully it will play the same as my Skirmanovo scenario that is in the approved Scenarios section. It is of similar size as well. I am just going through the final playtests that I run myself before I release it to the wolves here to be tuned up. I am loooking to have a little heavy treed battle, an open ground battle, and a small village battle all going on at the same time on a 2000m x 1760m map. There will be some armour as this is on the flank of the 13th Pz Div., but it will not be a armour vs armour clash by no means.

That does sound right up my alley. Looking forward to this. I too am building a scenario. It is the first I've ever tried in the editor. I am using the idea from an old "Skirmish Campaigns" rule booklet. It is the initial assault on Sollum in 1940 North Africa by the Italian infantry of the 1st Libyan division. I'm making it a small reinforced company level action agains British reconaisance elements of the Coldstream Guards.

I've been reading so much about the problems of the Italian infantry that I thought it would be interesting to try and simulate what it may have been like to be a young Italian company officer told to assault a village with nothing but your infantry company and a few minor support weapons. I think one would learn or need to learn some basic company and platoon tactics to say the least.Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would YOU like to play? - by Hedgehog - 05-12-2008, 08:16 AM
What would YOU like to play? - by Koen - 05-12-2008, 08:05 PM
RE: What would YOU like to play? Your opinion counts! - by enigma6584 - 05-15-2008, 12:13 AM