• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Blitz Ladders
05-19-2008, 03:06 AM,
RE: Blitz Ladders
Just a little side note on something I've felt that has been "lost in translation" regarding points and the Blitz ladders.

Our ladders are not solely for the purpose of gaming and I think that's what many members have failed to recognize when they view these ladders.

TheBlitz is and always has been all about participation, not just playing games and scoring points. The wargaming community is a small niche of the hobby business, and IMO the Real value of this hobby is the participation factor.

Don't get me wrong, Having a winning record, being a ladder leader, having winning streaks, being the top ELO points earner, all come with a prestige and respect factor. By no means do I wish anyone to interpret that as degrading to their efforts, when I say the ladder points are not limited to just playing and winning. It's just that these are not the only methods to earn points here at TheBlitz., although it is widely believed to be so.

I do wish to point out that writing AAR/DARs, writing articles of interest for the newsletter, adding scenarios to the DB, mentoring new players, designing game aids for club members to use, creating scenarios, playtesting, and even answering quiz questions correctly, are ALL methods to earn points on our ladders.

The people who play the games and give something back to their fellow gamers in some sort of shape or form have earned respect and prestige, but in a different way.

Let's not forget them and their efforts in giving, sharing, and participating.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Blitz Ladders - by Hedgehog - 05-18-2008, 10:53 PM
RE: Blitz Ladders - by Koen - 05-18-2008, 11:03 PM
RE: Blitz Ladders - by Steel God - 05-18-2008, 11:32 PM
RE: Blitz Ladders - by Koen - 05-19-2008, 12:15 AM
RE: Blitz Ladders - by Steel God - 05-19-2008, 12:19 AM
RE: Blitz Ladders - by Hedgehog - 05-19-2008, 12:24 AM
RE: Blitz Ladders - by RedDevil - 05-19-2008, 03:06 AM