• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Ladder Feature - how about this idea?
06-05-2008, 03:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-05-2008, 03:54 PM by wigam.)
RE: New Ladder Feature - how about this idea?
Bootie Wrote:I think to do this is going to take some major juggling with the database which may be an unrealistic target.
Colonel Talvela Wrote:I'm sorry, but I really dont see how adding a couple of extra filters - to a database that already has filters - would take a lot of time.

It has been talked about and rigt now Raz has tasks of a higher priority on his plate, so this is on the back burner for now.

Colonel Talvela Wrote:Besides people - including myself - have offered to volunteer their time to do this, but not a peep heard back about accepting that help.

Thanks for your kind offer Col T but for now Raz is the man behind the scenes and I forsee it staying this way for the forseeable future. He has the whole place running smoothly at the moment and we want to avoid too many fingers in the pie so to speak.

Bootie Wrote:As mentioned before why not set a start date (6th June) and then run a thread that looks at the ladder positions for the previous 3, 6 and 12 months.
Colonel Talvela Wrote:That has zero appeal to me because you lose the history of it once June 7, 2009 comes around.

I understand that, but for now that is the only option avaliable to you and if its not wanted then sorry, there will be nothing happening with this idea for now.

The Blitz is a far superior web site to any others I see out there and is only getting better and the idea that was brought up is being talked about amongst the officers. So its a waiting game for now.
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Ladder Feature - how about this idea? - by Copper - 06-05-2008, 06:57 AM
RE: New Ladder Feature - how about this idea? - by wigam - 06-05-2008, 03:53 PM