RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
Russian turn 11.
06:00 AM July 10, 1941
Normal
Visibility 3km.
[Image: RT11VP.jpg]
Victory points after the Russian turn eleven

[Image: DotDsouthRT11.jpg]
I’m in luck! The majority of 10th pz was spotted during the German turn. The division is taking option A as described in the last turn. The hexes with “?” are 10thpz stacks. Another turn or two will tell the tale, but it appears for now the Germans are not going to use their mobility. Instead von Nev has opted for a frontal assault. 10th panzer has positioned itself to move against either of the main roads leading south to break my left flank. I am preparing for this by moving strong forces from the 187th Rifle division east to both block a move on the inside highway while being positioned to run if things get worse.
The 148th Rifle will be deploying along a line roughly diagonal from the bend in the Dnepr River east of Mogilev to the eastern board edge. I will then swing my left flank like a door back to try and break contact. This will lower the Axis ability to deliver crushing blows if the 10th pz and SS regt (due to arrive in four turns to the front) combine against my left. I will lose some units this way, but if I can control the choke points in the terrain, this maneuver will eat up four – six turns and leave the Germans with little time to make for the southern exit. This maneuver will prevent a crossing of the Dnepr south of the city from catching the 187th in the rear. As my artillery comes on line over the next two turns, I should be able to use it to punish the point of any German attack while trading space for infantry losses.
The 53rd rifle is deploying along choke points in the north, just in case the SS are sent there to try for a quick exit to the east. In any case this division can serve as a strategic reserve for the final stand if the SS are committed south of Mogilev.
Axis losses for the turn were 162 to 201 Russian for infantry. This advantageous to the Russians whose troops are worth less VP per man. Total VP went down by two. Basically a break even turn.
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1 - by Dog Soldier - 06-15-2008, 03:53 PM