• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Massive LCG Project Proposal: Need volunteers
06-26-2008, 04:47 PM,
RE: Massive LCG Project Proposal: Need volunteers
Hi

If you read my first post its a semi-historical LCG..

The bibliography is sufficient to make a fun LCG...the whole idea was to give players an alternative to the DCG's and regular campaign games on a large scale..historical accuracy was not intended in this project..however I at least wanted to perserve some historical sense by following some of the more obscure unknown battles on the eastern front, some fun and some education, an abstraction of the terrain the battle was fought on..to give a sense of what it might of been like.. since most of the western world still thinks that the western front won the war..

Maps: each designer makes them themselves.screw the 30's maps..waste of time and money..get google earth learn how to over lay as I have and use your creative mind to figure out what it might have looked like in 1941..its faster and reasonably accurate..

I would not discount anything from David Glantz as garbage. Most western authors on the eastern front still believe the SS had panther tanks at kursk and hordes of tigers..NOT!!! The russian authors wont admit they got their asses handed to them including Zhukov who published his work on the battle which very cleverly avoids the subject by being very ambiguous as to the number of repairable tanks....its like discussing the meaning of "is" by Bill clinton when reading that book..you need a BS detector instead of a mine detector...I would advise much caution about information coming from russian authors as much as from western authors.

The operations that were selected was to give the each designer a start-end date for a particular period and a location from which to start and end their LCG..nothing more nothing less.

Finally this idea was give some people a chance to design with out getting in to hardcore details.

So I dont need the criticism and negativity from you. If you dont like it dont take part..a very simple solution.

Osiris
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Massive LCG Project Proposal: Need volunteers - by Osiris - 06-26-2008, 04:47 PM