• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

DER KUENSTLER WINS PERIMETER TOURNEY!
07-01-2008, 01:09 PM,
DER KUENSTLER WINS PERIMETER TOURNEY!
This hallowed silver cup will be mailed to Der Kuenstler's home address..:)

[Image: PerimDK.png]

Here's the final screen, he bought no tanks, just a German infantry army backed up by lots of guns and schrecks which ground my armour down to iron filings..
[Image: DK-endk.png]

Endgame shot- My Russians gave their all in the meatgrinder assault on the hills outpost; 2 dead German guns, 4 dead T-34's and a crater-pocked landscape attest to the ferocity of the battle..
[Image: DKendl.gif]

Endgame shot- In the marshes sector my Russians seized the flag but all the tanks and halftracks were subsequently wrecked and the flag reverted to German possession.(The halftracks were very flimsy, HMG bursts got some of them). 3 x T-34's broke through to the airfield but were wrecked and can be seen littering the runway in background..
[Image: DKendm.gif]

------------------------------------------------------------------

And here are the other screenshots from our game in chronological order-
Der Kuenstler's Germans have garrisoned this key wood which guards the approach to the hills outpost flag in background; my T-34's can't see deeply enough into the trees to engage them so i send in a massive infantry attack to flush them out..
[Image: dks-1.gif]
------------------------------------------------------------

Der Kuenstler's Germans give my Russian infantry a bloody nose..
Even with T-34's in close support, his gun and infantry cut down my boys as they attempt to cross nomansland..
[Image: dkg.gif]
-----------------------------------------------------------

Der Kuenstler's gun goes on a killing spree, knocking out these 2 x T-34's in quick succession, while his infantry slaughter my Russian infantry wave.
The gun was engaged by the tanks and some infantry but still kept on firing while no doubt shouting to his mates- "hey kameraden, i'll show you how to win the Iron Cross!"
[Image: dkqqq.gif]
---------------------------------------------------------

After capturing the small flag at the marshes outpost at bottom left, I wheel my T-34/85's into line astern formation for an attack on the richest prize on the map- Der Kuenstler's airfield and its large flag..
[Image: dka.gif]

But before I can move off he launches a spoiling attack with a fusillade of schrecks and fausts (red fire lanes) killing two T-34's and making the rest mill around in confusion. Only the T-34 leader gets through and finds himself alone at the tip of the arrow, frantically radioing "where are my comrades?"
[Image: dkb.gif]

The punch-drunk T-34's turrets swing like crazy looking for whoever's firing at them..
[Image: dkc.gif]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
DER KUENSTLER WINS PERIMETER TOURNEY! - by PoorOldSpike - 07-01-2008, 01:09 PM