• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

DER KUENSTLER WINS PERIMETER TOURNEY!
07-01-2008, 01:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2008, 02:39 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: DER KUENSTLER WINS PERIMETER TOURNEY!
Der Kuenstler's German squad punishes my T-34 for breaking the first rule in the tank driver's handbook-"Never drive within 40metres (grenade-throwing range) of any terrain that could be concealing enemy infantry"
(Okay i'll take the rap for driving them too close but my excuse is they'd been under schreck attack from behind in the previous turn and I was racing them down the runway to get away in a hurry..)
[Image: dk-gren.gif]
---------------------------------------------------------------

At last I'm able to silence Der Kuenstler's troublesome gun, just look at the havoc its been wreaking against my T-34's..
My last 2 T-34's can't see it (and it can't see them) because of intervening smoke from burning wrecks, so I use the well-known tactic of area-firing into the ground next to the gun, and the blast knocks it out.
(Note the blank panel (white circle) in its datastrip, that's how we know if a gun or infantry unit is kaput)
[Image: area-fvgun.gif]
----------------------------------------------------------------

With the battle in overtime I play my final card against the main flag by sending 2 x T-34's to establish a presence near it to hopefully at least turn it neutral, I kept them in the centre of the runway out of grenade range but Der Kuenstler's invisible schrecks/fausts mercilessly cut them down. (The third T-34 in flames further down the runway was brewed by a grenade a few turns previously)
[Image: Dk-whsh.gif]
------------------------------------------------------------------

PERIMETER TOURNEY FINAL RANKINGS
Red=beat POS, Amber=Drew, Green=POS won.
Number to right of dash is POS's score.
Figure in brackets is the one that counts to decide the tourney champion, it's the points differential between winner and loser. Listing is in alphabetical order where scores are tied

Der Kuenstler (Ger) 86-14 (+72)
RNL Tiger (Ger) 84-16 (+68)
GAZ NZ (Ger) 79-21 (+58)
ER Chaser (Ger) 78-22 (+56)
Tripps (Ger) 71-29 (+42)
Huzaar (Ger) 70-30 (+40)
Mt.Carmel Hill (Ger) 70-30 (+40)
Stndrtnfhr (Russ) 70-30 (+40)
2054172 (Ger) 68-32 (+36)
Waleed (Ger) 67-33 (+34)
Combat Wombat (Ger) 62-38 (+24)
Herrbixx (Ger) 62-38 (+24)

Seel (Ger) 56-44 (+12)
CMant (Russ) 45-55 (-10)
Odies (Russ) 45-55 (-10)

Mugger2006 (Ger) 42-58 (-16)
Andre (Ger) 41-59 (-18)
Airborne Bob (Ger) 40-60 (-20)
Michael Dorosh (Russ) 40-60 (-20)
Mangus2000 (Russ) 31-69 (-38)
Bert Blitzkrieg (Russ) 28-72 (-44)
Guderian (Ger) 5-95 (-90)
[/size]

POS Won=7, Drew=3, Lost=12
Germans won 14, Russians won 5
Tourney ended June 30th 2008
(4 players didn't beat the finish deadline, one of the games is still ongoing but the final result won't count for the tourney. The other 3 vanished for various reasons)

All Blitz members who took part will find the Perimeter cyber-medal in their player stats, plus 50 bonus Blitz ladder points (100 for winner Der Kuenstler)
I've organised 5 Tourneys over the past year and every competitor gets a cyber-medal at Blitz as below

[Image: tournmds-1.png]

And for the record the tourney winners were-
PERIMETER- Der Kuenstler
TRIDENT- Guderian
MALITZ- Der Kuenstler
PRIPET- Marshall666
BRITSv21Pz- Herroberst
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE- Many of the competitors combat footage screenshots from all the tourneys have been posted in the Tactical Discussion> Combat Gallery thread for posterity and will no doubt be closely scrutinised in military academies throughout the known universe down the millennia, right Commander Kor?

"Yes, there is much to be learned from studying the battle exploits of honourable ancient warriors"..
[Image: CmdKor.png]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DER KUENSTLER WINS PERIMETER TOURNEY! - by PoorOldSpike - 07-01-2008, 01:17 PM