• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

DER KUENSTLER WINS PERIMETER TOURNEY!
07-01-2008, 01:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2008, 03:07 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: DER KUENSTLER WINS PERIMETER TOURNEY!
MORE DETAILS OF THE TOURNEY

[Image: perm.png]

The format was simple - everybody played just ONE game (against me), and whoever beat me by the biggest score won the trophy inscribed with his name, piece o' cake..:)
As designer/organiser I forbad myself from winning it under any circumstances (sniffle), all I could hope for was to pick up a few ladder points.
I let my oppos choose which side they wanted to be, most chose German..
Incidentally I got no advantage by designing Perimeter myself, I designed my previous tourney (Trident) too and lost 20 out of the 25 games..

Perimeter began May 1st 08 and ended midnight June 30th 08 (an 8-week run)
I did at least 2 action screenshots from every game including an endgame shot of the final front lines buckling and heaving..

THE PARAMETERS (cmbb), it was a QB, so competitors could buy whatever 'tools' they liked to do the job..
[Image: Peripars.gif]

THE FIELD (I've enlarged the flags in the pics for clarity, 1 large on the airfield, 8 small around the perimeter for a total of 1100 points)
The Russians start anywhere in the surrounding red zone.
The Germans set up anywhere in the green perimeter zone, not knowing from which directions the Russkis will be coming.
There's also a small green German zone containing the central airfield buildings
[Image: perimap.png]

OBLIQUE VIEW
[Image: periobliq.gif]

Perimeter is of course just a semi-fictional miniature version of many real-life pockets such as this one
[Image: korsun.gif]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DER KUENSTLER WINS PERIMETER TOURNEY! - by PoorOldSpike - 07-01-2008, 01:45 PM