• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

First impression report Attacking disrupted units
07-13-2008, 05:24 AM,
RE: First impression report Attacking disrupted units
Some of the changes sound excellent but it seems they made too many changes without making them optional. I'm having a hard time with the disruption/assault change in my PBEM but I might get used to it.
The visibility and save game changes I hate. No idea yet how the artillery v Armour change will work out - it seems like a good idea but I hope it's not overdone.

I happen to be playing one of my own scenarios PBEM at the moment and I can see fixed units coming under fire before they have a chance to unfix due to visibility changes and AT guns that were in good positions to ambush exposed early and destroyed by artillery - the balance of the scenario is now skewed.

I wouldn't know this if I wasn't playing my own scenario but this must affect the balance of many old scenarios.

I'm only using 1.03 as I have games in progress and my opponents have updated. After this I hope I can find a pool of players to play against using 1.02 or the Talonsoft version.

I do appreciate all the work done and the many great additions to the game but for me at the moment the bad outweighs the good.

Cheers, Chris
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: First impression report Attacking disrupted units - by Hobbes - 07-13-2008, 05:24 AM