• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
07-14-2008, 12:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-05-2008, 02:33 PM by von Nev.)
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
German turn 20.

Dawn arrives and the battle continues to rage without letup.

The two Russian counterattacks at the flanks of the attack are going to have to be dealt with. They have constricted my attack axis to just two hexes wide which means my units will have little freedom of movement. I immediately rain bombs from Stuka strikes on the critical attack north into the forest and to the southern flank of the tip of the spear. This, and artillery, disrupts the Russians and they are immediately counterattacked. With three consecutive assaults the attack axis is again at least three hexes wide with the hard packed road in the center. I also do something that I rarely do in PzC games. I reinforce the unit that is holding the southern boundry open with an A rated HQ unit to stiffen the defense. This hex has to hold. This allows me to quickly and strongly reinforce the single unit that was sitting just two hexes south of the VP hex. This hex is in a forest and in an improved position. This has an advantage to hold defensively and provides a key jump off point for the final assault.

I am also beginning to plan the final assault. I really would like to envelop the hex as I am guessing that my opponent will very strongly reinforce the hex as he probably has figured out that it holds the key to the game. But, to envelop it I will need to hold at least two hexes on either side. That won't be easy.

Down south on the other attack axis the massive attacks are paying off. The units that are staying next to German stacks are heavily attrited and easily assaulted. With two quick assault I am two km's behind the front line and have options to envelop both north and south.

Up north my flank security is in place. It will probably not halt a concerted effort but it will at least alert me to their presence and with the amount of motorized troops I can quickly reinforce.

[Image: S41TourneyTurn20a.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1 - by von Nev - 07-14-2008, 12:34 PM