• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

First impression report Attacking disrupted units
07-15-2008, 02:50 AM,
RE: First impression report Attacking disrupted units
There may be glitches in the assault rule which as has been said before can be fixed. Let's do a little history lesson. When EF originally came out the assault rules were similar to what they are now. Units did nit have to be disrupted and wether they were or nor the assualt might work or not depending on the odds,factors and tables.Then Talonsoft came out with EF II and all of a sudden a unit that was not disrupted was virtually impossible to take out. I still remember my shock at assaulting a 4 sp rifle platoon with 3 MKIV full strength platoons in the open (where the tank is still king) and being repulsed. This feature was in fact shoved down our throats by Talonsoft. There were a lot of complaints (on deaf ears I might ad) and a lot of us myself included almost quit. I stuck it out but to this day I hate the rule that everyone else assumes was the original. Give it a chance guys.

There were a few men in a small mission in Texas that repulsed assults for about 13 days.I like the uncertainty of things....kind of like real life....one never knows what might happen :-)

VE
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: First impression report Attacking disrupted units - by Von Earlmann - 07-15-2008, 02:50 AM