• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

First impression report Attacking disrupted units
07-15-2008, 07:58 AM,
RE: First impression report Attacking disrupted units
DISRUPTION AWARENESS........I tend to agree....there appears no reason why one side should KNOW for certain (as has always been the CS case, as I recall), that enemy units are disrupted. Surely in real combat there is no such knowledge...a sense or intuition perhaps, maybe some intelligence, but actual 100% knowledge? That is something only a veteran of close combat can tell us.

Noteworthy that maybe the largest case of disruption in history...the French Army mutinies in 1917.... was probably not picked up, and certainly not acted upon, by the Germans.

Concealment of "D'" might fit nicely as an optional extra in a modified extreme FOW. It could add to the realism of the simulation, unlike some other issues on which I have written critically in this forum.
CAVEAT: I for one would like to see a lot more debate BEFORE the event, rather than after, as seems to be the case, and is clearly causing real recriminations amongst our members.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: First impression report Attacking disrupted units - by K K Rossokolski - 07-15-2008, 07:58 AM