• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Ed (Herr Laufer, RR or Silkster)
07-22-2008, 04:22 PM,
Ed (Herr Laufer, RR or Silkster)
Ed,

I cannot but more, indeed, appreciate your passion. But let me be frank.

You have proclaimed that "I have personally never played any of your (Guberman's) scenarios" (when actually you have played one...a long time ago, and it seems...enjoyed it), so would not comment on this or that during forum discussion. Well stated, and well respected.

Let me be very clear. My scenarios are as historically accurate as I can see to make them. My OOB's are microscopic. My victory conditions are dyslexic (and they bleed), as they have to be "translated into the game format" (ask Huib, he has been more help than an animal deserves), but the maps, et al are everything that they should be. The idea of "translating them to game format" is anathema to me.
Game format?...Hogwash...

I think, all that the "redesign" (to 1.03), as you have referred to it, is doing is to try and make it less of a game...and more of a simulation. If Squad Leader was an arcade game...and Advanced SL was a simulation...(and truely I don't know the difference at all [as I was plaing SPI and you AH dorks were not], but just as an example)...then I would find myself succoring to the simulation, even if it was more laborious. My group of friends started playing Panzer Blitz. Soon there were the "winners", who quickly left us to go on to other things and then call us dorks; then there were those freaks who labored over charts and calculations (I found myself in that crowd...let us not get into the many layers of freakdom)...the only players still left, after all of these years are some of the freaks...none of the heroes who split remain...hopefully they are rich movers and shakers...

I cannot express it enough...the guys who stay around here are not the Friday night drag racers...the keepers are guys like von Earlmann, Jason, Majog, Osiris, the Czech guy (who I can't remember know, sorry), Huib, YOU (I suppose, though you so much sound like an arcader right now), Hawk (who will playtest a battle between our mothers in law if need be [thanx Hawk...and I expect some feedback soon, since you had the old copies of the Java scens])...and so many unamed heroes and on and on and on. Please, Ed...don't lose it only because you may lose a single battle (no freaks allowed). Harsh I know....but sheesh you see what I've lost in the last year...Makes you a better (bitter?) person.

Cheers and peace, for real
Curt
Town Drunk
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Ed (Herr Laufer, RR or Silkster) - by Mr. Guberman - 07-22-2008, 04:22 PM