• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Ed (Herr Laufer, RR or Silkster)
07-23-2008, 06:33 AM,
RE: Ed (Herr Laufer, RR or Silkster)
Mr. Guberman Wrote:What I was trying to say is, here, we are all in the same boat, together.

Actually I think Matrix shot a torpedo into the boat and the capsized boat has half the players dry and screaming while the other half are wet and drowning.
Regardless the boat "ain't floatin' so good, eh?"

Mr. Guberman Wrote:I'd like to approach things that way...rather than be devisive. If I have been devisive or insulting, it was unintended and I do apologize. However, it takes two to tango.

To clear the air, I did not start off at 900 mph. I was sent there after I played a few turns and read exactly what the rules meant to the game. When I protested I essentially was informed that my opinion did not matter and that the game would not be reverted back or the old rules made an option.
I was told this in the name of "realism" being added for the game and it was "tough sh*t" if I did not like it. I would just have to learn how to play the game over again.
Then I started finding glitches, bugs, and hang-ups with the assault rules. Matrix then wanted me to jump through hoops to send them files and let them see what was wrong. Sorry, that was what the Beta Team and the testers were supposed to do beforehand?

Now it looks like we will get a year long debate and half my regular opponents will be leaving the game. I cannot say nice going Matrix for what they did to the game, without a snarl coming to my face.
I will not come here and make "nice nice" because 'others' think I should.
I know that I should be more reserved. But, I am sincerely angry for what they did and what it can do to the game and our gaming ladder. If I do not stand up for what I believe in, I will fall for whatever crap they try to throw at me.
It's all I have left?

Mr. Guberman Wrote:With much respect to a veteran gamer,

Of course! I do not think that I have treated you with anything but respect. Always.

And, I don't Tango unless there is a little salsa to go along with it. ;)
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ed (Herr Laufer, RR or Silkster) - by Herr Straße Laufer - 07-23-2008, 06:33 AM