• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Ed (Herr Laufer, RR or Silkster)
07-27-2008, 08:34 PM,
RE: Ed (Herr Laufer, RR or Silkster)
Mr. Guberman Wrote:Ed,

Cheers, and great Kudos to you...indeed I am the "Town Drunk".

...Litstening to Zappa now...and it forces me to think...

I think I can give you a run for you money in the alcohol department. Zappa ... ah the Bach of Rock. I love Zappa. Much vinyl in my collection, along with u-tube, and cassettes. Probably the best musical genius of our time. His view of music and sound was extraordinary and the man could cut up a guitar, for sure.

Mr. Guberman Wrote:1. None of my RS scenarios (if you, randomely, picked 10 of them,...would not show you a bunker or a pillpox)...so that straw man staggers into the ditch.

What strawman? What ditch?
You seem to think that I refer to your scenarios when I reference scenarios in RS. There are many stock scenarios, and for that matter the new one that Rod is working on, that are Island attacks that have tons of Pillboxes, bunkers, and caves.
I've only played one of yours, as previously mentioned, and it was so long ago I cannot remember the experience.
That said. I have not commented on your scenarios as the RS archetype that I believe are forever changed by the new rules.
Therefore, no strawman? And, quite frankly, I do not understand why you keep coming back to it.
My "beef" is what Matrix did that changes the way all games are played and the outcome of previously balanced scenarios has also been changed. That is a factor when a player looks at the scenario data base to see what games they might want to play? Former scenarios reported as balanced can no longer be viewed as balanced. That's years of data changed in an instant?
As an example, try West front's Hell in Parroy. IMO, one of the most difficult game for the Allies to win is now almost impossible. Though I don't think it was meant to be that much balanced against a human opponent, it is also now most likely unwinnable against the AI as Germans.

Mr. Guberman Wrote:2. Play me...grab a Dutch uniform..and not be encumbered by game inabilities...but try and keep the Japananese from overrunning you.

I've taken on a few new players since the rules changes. I do not have a slot open and will be sporadic with my regular games in the next few weeks. (Some of my opponents know why, but, I am not revealing that here.)
And, on a game note, I think the Japanese will be made that much more powerful by the combination of Banzi charges and the new assault rules that, in my opinion, will hamper the Allies.

Mr. Guberman Wrote:3. Since we are old mates, Ed... I will always offer my hand to you as a comrade.

Emphasis on "old"? LOL! Eek
As I stated previously, I've never had anything but the utmost respect for you and I've tried to carry that along in these posts. I'd like you to get a better grasp on the concepts of what I am trying to say when I reference RS and the effects of the rules changes, but, I can continue to correct the record as we go.

cheers
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ed (Herr Laufer, RR or Silkster) - by Herr Straße Laufer - 07-27-2008, 08:34 PM