• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hi POS - Is Panzer Command Kharkov Any Good?
08-06-2008, 04:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-06-2008, 04:54 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: Hi POS - Is Panzer Command Kharkov Any Good?
Hi mate yes I once did a PC:Kharkov review at another club a while ago but when I went back there to copy the review into Blitz I found I was locked out; guess they want to keep it for themselves ha ha ha..:)
No sweat, I've still got all the screenshots, see below..:)

As to your question, it's not really for me to say whether PCK is "any good" because everybody has their own opinions of games.
All I can say is that personally I much prefer CM because it has an easy smooth-flowing style that PCK doesn't have.
There's far too much of a 'stop-go' feel about PCK that I find uncomfortable because you have to keep micro-tweaking orders all the time, that's fine at first but soon becomes a chore if you're a simplicity-junkie like me..
I finally decided to abandon PCK after I got fed up having to keep scrolling around the map peeking behind tree trunks to see what was lurking there because trees couldn't be fully toggled off.
In fact I liked PCK very much at first, but now the novelty's worn off I'd still rank CM head and shoulders above it..

My PC:Kharkov review screenshots taken during actual play-

Ferdinands cross a bridge under shellfire
[Image: kur.gif]

Infantry throw smoke grenades
[Image: smok.gif]

T-34 and a 37mm Pak slug it out
[Image: kv.gif]

[Image: kt.gif]

[Image: kw.gif]

Neat tracer
[Image: trac.gif]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hi POS - Is Panzer Command Kharkov Any Good? - by PoorOldSpike - 08-06-2008, 04:07 PM
RE: Hi POS - Is Panzer Command Kharkov Any Good? - by Copper - 08-07-2008, 05:30 AM