• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How much is learned?
08-15-2008, 07:48 PM,
RE: How much is learned?
I've played the top-ranked guys in many different clubs and they all play exactly the same! because they've all worked out in their own minds exactly how CM should be played for maximum effect and whenever I start a game with one of them I think- "I better watch myself, this guy knows how to punch!"

I don't know if such people are natural born killers or whether anybody can do it with a little training.
Certainly CM isn't a complicated game, I automatically play the same way each game, simply 'going through the drills' and manage to win more than I lose so I must be doing something right, so if I can do it anybody else can..:)
The victorious Roman army used to 'go through the drills' too, fighting according to the same basic set of established drills on any battlefield anywhere in the world time and again with excellent results-
"Their drills are bloodless battles, their battles bloody drills." -Flavius Josephus, Jewish Historian, AD 37-101
(Hey I was born and bred in the old Roman garrison town of Leicester England so maybe I've got centurion blood in me, ha ha ha)

If there's one piece of advice I'd give to CM newcomers it's- "fight with your brain first and your weapons second", in other words just good old plain common sense, it's not rocket science..:)

Patton- "Inflict the maximum amount of wound,death and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."

Guderian- "Punch with your fist and not with your fingers spread"

US Grant- "The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving"

Duke of Wellington- "The whole art of war consists of guessing at what is on the other side of the hill"

Lt Col Cyril Joly -"The more you use [tanks], the fewer you lose"

Napoleon- "The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemies"

Archilocus, 650 B.C.- "I have a high art, I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me"

Samurai general Kenshin Uesugi (1530-78)- "Go to the battlefield firmly confident of victory and you will come home with no wounds whatsoever"

Ho Chi Minh- "Whoever should wish to seize Vietnam must kill us to the last man"
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How much is learned? - by Ratzki - 08-15-2008, 11:46 AM
RE: How much is learned? - by WarHammer11A - 08-15-2008, 12:24 PM
RE: How much is learned? - by Mikey - 08-15-2008, 03:28 PM
RE: How much is learned? - by Jobu88 - 08-15-2008, 06:59 PM
RE: How much is learned? - by PoorOldSpike - 08-15-2008, 07:48 PM
RE: How much is learned? - by fluidwill - 08-15-2008, 07:51 PM
RE: How much is learned? - by Extraordinarius - 08-15-2008, 08:10 PM
RE: How much is learned? - by Extraordinarius - 08-15-2008, 08:11 PM
RE: How much is learned? - by Lord Bane - 08-15-2008, 09:32 PM
RE: How much is learned? - by Der Kuenstler - 08-15-2008, 10:36 PM