• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Off Topic: Commander: Europe at War
10-29-2008, 05:38 AM,
RE: Off Topic: Commander: Europe at War
Rico (FGM) Wrote:Hmm... I really need to get back to doing my CEAW PBEM turns vs MGK and continue the kicking I'm getting as the Allies. Whip

Hey Rico - What are your PBEM settings? Oil on or off? Balanced or Axis favor? I'm having a dickens of a time just beating the AI on "Normal" difficulty, much less against a human. Those Russians just keep coming!

Here is my current game from the highest view (the icons default to unit symbols from this high):

[Image: CEAW-2.jpg]

This is my second try as Axis - I have taken Kursk and Kharkov and Leningrad is falling, but look at my fuel (the oil Barrels) - I'm only getting 22 fuel per turn when I need a minimum of 60 to use all my units effectively. I'm trying to take that oilwell to the southwest near Grozny but I'll likely get cut off before I get there. When you run out of fuel everything just stops - tanks, planes, ships - they can't do diddly without it (can't even fire). It's October of '42, the British are already trying to land in France and winter is coming. I have a feeling I'll be down in the Bunker with Eva Braun by 1943. :(
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Off Topic: Commander: Europe at War - by Der Kuenstler - 10-29-2008, 05:38 AM