• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

To Counter Battery or not to Counter Battery...
12-02-2008, 03:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-02-2008, 03:45 AM by Narwan.)
RE: To Counter Battery or not to Counter Battery...
I guess I'm a bit of an odd one out here as I rarely use CB fire and it's even more rare for me to move my arty around.

The reason is very simple, it's not worth the effort/time/points in 99% of the cases. And I don't care about arty losses. Arty is 100% expendable in a game. They're just a support weapon. That's what they do, support the combat forces in whatever way is most appropriate. If that means taking losses, so be it. Even without any additional arty rules it takes about 3 to 5 times as much incoming CB tubes as are usually affected by it (destroyed, abandoned, seriously damaged or very heavily suppressed). All those tubes can't be supporting the actual combat while they're firing CB. Mine are, so odds are I'll win the battle that matters. By not bothering about making them mobile I'm also freeing up points to spend elsewhere. Like for more arty.

Narwan
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: To Counter Battery or not to Counter Battery... - by Narwan - 12-02-2008, 03:44 AM