• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Looking for many battles/battler's
03-30-2009, 01:55 PM,
RE: Looking for many battles/battler's
I've got a couple of battles offered and will take a couple more. I just wanted to mention that I'm an 'all optional rules' guy, except for the atrocious 'new assualt option' as I suspect most 'old schoolers' are. This note I just wrote to Al pretty much sums it up:
Hello Al,
Excellent. I'll look for it tommorrow. Yeah, I understand if you'd like to try the new assault option if you haven't already. I'm sure you can find someone willing to play it with you at the Blitz. I was just totally turned off by the unrealistic results that it brings. I mean, I understand that with the 'old' assualt rules, assaulting a hex containing all broken units usually results, 95% of the time, in overrunning that hex, and that that in itself may be a bit unrealistic, but knocking that down to about a 20-25% success rate, unless you have overwhelming force, was much more unrealistic, in the other direction, for my taste. Couldn't they have made it maybe around 50%, barring overwhelming force? And even overwhelming force is a bit tricky, but you've got to experience it for yourself to see what I mean. Anyways, I look forward to seeing you in the sands of North Afrika....

Tankertony>>>
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for many battles/battler's - by Sweed - 03-30-2009, 10:58 AM
RE: Looking for many battles/battler's - by Tankertony - 03-30-2009, 01:55 PM