• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New RSME Scen
06-21-2009, 02:04 PM,
RE: New RSME Scen
The ability to kill any Japanese, much less all of them, was really difficult. It's a night scenario, and the Dutch have no starshells. Additionally, the Dutch have a hodgepodge OOB, and virtually none of them have a very high attack value. The majority of them have poor morale -- especially when compared with the Japanese (or any other H2H scenario). The Dutch had some artillery, but even that was minimally helpful because it was a night scenario. I had a mine-laying engineer squad that came in handy, and I got lucky keeping the Japanese engineers away from the mine field the engineers laid. I tried some delay tactics in the north where I had trenches and woods, but they got overrun surprisingly easily. (That's when I decided everyone else better make a hasty retreat.) Basically everyone else fell back to the south to the village/suburb/city hexes. I spent a lot of time making improved positions and just trying not to get pushed back too far too fast. I consistently voluntarily put space between the Japanese and the Dutch, and I guess the cost of movement at night, the inability to banzai for want of leaders, and added difficulty of extreme assault made it difficult for the Japenese to move me back as fast as the scenario required for the Japenese to win.

The Dutch forces are weak. The Japanese came in masses and looked like a tidal wave. Because the Japanese have high morale, getting Japenese units disrupted was tough, and they consistently regained nondisrupted status very quickly (like the very next turn), so they were usually in great shape to assault if the other conditions were there.

My opponent may not have liked the scenario as well as I did.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
New RSME Scen - by Mr. Guberman - 06-21-2009, 05:43 AM
RE: New RSME Scen - by Herr Straße Laufer - 06-21-2009, 06:43 AM
RE: New RSME Scen - by Mr. Guberman - 06-21-2009, 07:01 AM
RE: New RSME Scen - by 1925frank - 06-21-2009, 10:18 AM
RE: New RSME Scen - by Mr. Guberman - 06-21-2009, 11:13 AM
RE: New RSME Scen - by Mr. Guberman - 06-21-2009, 12:01 PM
RE: New RSME Scen - by 1925frank - 06-21-2009, 02:04 PM
RE: New RSME Scen - by Mr. Guberman - 06-21-2009, 03:25 PM
RE: New RSME Scen - by Larry Reese - 06-21-2009, 04:57 PM
RE: New RSME Scen - by Mr. Guberman - 06-22-2009, 12:39 AM