• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Back at It! -- ''no flags game''
06-28-2009, 10:56 AM,
Back at It! -- ''no flags game''
Well, I found you have to put at least 1 flag in a game you make yourself, or the AI will add them later, randomly. So I have a new map with 1 small flag for each side, back at a rear-most position.

The idea being, these flags are worth very few points, and are deep in enemy territory...so it is nearly a ''no flags'' game. Other previous input recommended no turn limits--so I made it 99+ turns, have established units for each side (with recommendation to make it a mirror game), and somebody mentioned having advanced setup zones for ambushes. And I have all this.

~~and I suppose such a map can either be used for a QB (and you can buy whatever is allowed by the players), or as a Scenario (and you go with it as-is)~~

The central idea for this map/game is a ME, and the major points should come from finding and throttling your opponent's units. Each side has a small flag that probably needs some defense, but that defense can be a sort of reserve unit, that might later be deployed in any heavy fighting.

What each side has now, in a nutshell (testing stage):
1 Inf/Rifle Battalion
6 armored cars
6 flamethrowers
2 anti-tank teams
2 elite snipers
2 immobile flak units
2 indep. arty spotters
1 dive-bomber
(about 2400 pts. each--give or take a little)

Am about to test this against the AI. But does anybody see any flaws or other recommendations?

Attached Files
.jpg   test2.jpg (Size: 113.53 KB / Downloads: 30)
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Back at It! -- ''no flags game'' - by Mad Baron - 06-28-2009, 10:56 AM
RE: Back at It! -- ''no flags game'' - by Joonny - 06-29-2009, 07:54 PM
RE: Back at It! -- ''no flags game'' - by Joonny - 06-30-2009, 09:10 AM
RE: Back at It! -- ''no flags game'' - by Ratzki - 06-30-2009, 02:47 PM