• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Back at It! -- ''no flags game''
06-30-2009, 02:47 PM,
RE: Back at It! -- ''no flags game''
I have not been following the discussions here closely, but it sounds like you want to have the AI do some attacking yet not have a game based on flags. Not going to happen, at least not simply. Here might be a solution.
Make your map, and evaluate what you want the AI to do. It "will" attack and it "will" use some tactics but you will have to be creative and almost script the battle. Give the players some objective(s) to reach for them to win the game, then you have to place little flags at locations that will be beneficial for the AI to get in order to attack well. You will also have to play with the AI's units, as far as their placement in order that it performs as best as it can. I sometimes think that it is not the AI's ability to attack but it's inability to move that does the AI in. If you can get the AI into locations where it gets an advantage(like any player would do) and then present the enemy (the player) moving towards the objectives outlined in the briefing so the the AI gets to spot some targets, it will fight quite well, but this will need lots of tweeking. My "Road to the Prutt" scenario is one that is against the AI which is on the defence. The playtests at the Proving Grounds all said that they had a bear of a time with the AI with most victories not being secured till the last turn or two. I really had to watch where the flags were placed in order to get the AI to fight hard, I have not made an AI attack but have chatted with Mad Russian and played a few scenarios where the AI attacks, and attacks well.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Back at It! -- ''no flags game'' - by Mad Baron - 06-28-2009, 10:56 AM
RE: Back at It! -- ''no flags game'' - by Joonny - 06-29-2009, 07:54 PM
RE: Back at It! -- ''no flags game'' - by Joonny - 06-30-2009, 09:10 AM
RE: Back at It! -- ''no flags game'' - by Ratzki - 06-30-2009, 02:47 PM