• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

D'85: BRM lacking Amphibious capability?
08-12-2009, 09:02 AM,
RE: D'85: BRM lacking Amphibious capability?
JDR Dragoon Wrote:
Volcano Man Wrote:The _Alt approach is to abstract the recon units in this manner to afford the regiment a *useful* reconnaissance element whereby it can help fix the enemy for the main body, or help it determine a bypass.

Given the very high hard attack values of all units in the _Alt scenarios and the very low defense values for light armor I fail to see how the WAPA reconnaisance units are any more useful or able to survive contact than in the stock version.

Well, that might very well be that you haven't played the _Alt for all I know, because the mixed units have both higher defense values and attack strengths because of the tank/BRDM (or BRM) mixed approach. But clue me in here, have I apparently invaded some kind of personal space and inadvertently started a pissing contest on modded scenario design decisions? :chin:

Seriously though (the previous paragraph was mostly in jest), my point was simply that the WP recon elements can be represented in many different ways at this scale (amphibious or not, mixed or not), it is utter absurdity to say that they can only be used to represent either divisional pure OR regimental mixed recon units, especially since the latter units are not even represented in the OOB in any form. My _Alt design decision is to simply make them more *useful* (again the stress on the word) to perform reconnaissance duties in the traditional WP sense of the word. But we all know how much everyone wants to prove they know more about WP and soviet doctrine than everyone else... :rolleyes:
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: D'85: BRM lacking Amphibious capability? - by Volcano Man - 08-12-2009, 09:02 AM