• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

D'85: BRM lacking Amphibious capability?
08-12-2009, 09:19 AM,
RE: D'85: BRM lacking Amphibious capability?
JDR Dragoon Wrote:
Volcano Man Wrote:Well, that might very well be that you haven't played the _Alt for all I know, because the mixed units have both higher defense values and attack strengths because of the tank/BRDM (or BRM) mixed approach. But clue me in here, have I apparently invaded some kind of personal space and inadvertently started a pissing contest on modded scenario design decisions? :chin:

No problem, and yes I have played some of them. No pissing contest, merely an observation from someone who have played with the _Alt values in effect.

Ah ok, well, my apologies then. I certainly have no misconception that the _Alt scenarios are perfect, they are just an alternate approach and no better than any other. I would certainly take offense though to someone trying to convince everyone that their mod scenario is more "realistic" than someone elses or more realistic than the stock scenarios for that matter (I am not saying that anyone is doing that). At this scale, no one approach is more realistic than another it is just has a different set of abstractions. ;)

That said, there are many different ways to approach the issue; it would probably be better to just go ahead and make a mixed recon unit for each regiment and keep the divisional recon battalion as "pure". But then again it would be question of whether more units per division is actually needed to do the same effect. Oh well, there is plenty of flexibility for designers and modders to justify just about anything to say the least.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: D'85: BRM lacking Amphibious capability? - by Volcano Man - 08-12-2009, 09:19 AM