• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WitP:AE Demo
11-02-2009, 11:59 PM,
RE: WitP:AE Demo
Based on the Matrix forums, there are several people playing the game (and WitP before it) in teams. Most that I have seen are 2x2's. Typically the Allies divide it by east and west, one takes the US and the Pacific (historical NorPac, CentPac, and SoPac areas) the other takes the Commonwealth areas (India, Burma, Malaysia, Australia) and the Dutch Indies (as long as they last). The Commonwealth player typically takes China as well, because of the interaction of Burma and China. Dividing Japan is a little more up to the players, although I have certainly seen a similar east/west division there too.

And also, while my posts to Jobu88 might have seemed cautionary, I do not want to give the impression that I wouldn't recommend it to someone, as long as they know what they are getting into. Like Currahee, I look forward to each turn that comes through, although I might disagree that the combat replay is relaxing, especially if you're expecting a carrier battle that turn. :)

Currahee is correct about another thing. While there is a lot of micromanagement, some things, once set in motion, do not require direct intervention each turn. Unlike a TOAW, SP, CS, OpC and similar I-GO-U-GO games, once you tell a task force of ships or a division of troops to go somewhere, they move on their own. You don't plot one day's movement each turn. It's not a bad idea to scan by them each turn to make sure they are behaving, but you don't have to move them yourself. So, you do have "quiet" turns sometimes, although I like to use otherwise quiet turns to do some of the non-daily maintenance items that can pile up (sending supplies to out-of-way bases, going over ships in repairs, or production).

Mike
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
WitP:AE Demo - by Outlaw Josey Wales - 11-02-2009, 07:16 AM
RE: WitP:AE Demo - by Currahee - 11-02-2009, 11:57 AM
RE: WitP:AE Demo - by Outlaw Josey Wales - 11-02-2009, 12:22 PM
RE: WitP:AE Demo - by Currahee - 11-02-2009, 10:15 PM
RE: WitP:AE Demo - by Mike Abberton - 11-02-2009, 11:59 PM