• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A "new" tournament idea
01-09-2010, 09:52 AM,
RE: A "new" tournament idea
Unfortunately, I think it is absolutely vital to screen the players in any huge team game. Some think they will (or can) commit to the time it will take but cannot through no fault of their own. Some think it will be fun but then find it's not. Others just don't like it when their side takes a loss or higher HQs have to issue orders that relegate their area to a secondary front.

I like the idea of it, and have loved playing in them (especially Earl's). I think it's a very tough nut to crack and I'm not sure there is a good answer. Maybe a large number of field commanders on both sides, each in command of a smaller unit (and the supereme commander gets to command one too - being smaller units, his tactical control will not have an unduly disruptive influence on the game). If one unit's commander quits or is unavailable, one of the other commanders (not the supreme) on that side would get one day to make the move or the turn would be processed without moves from that side. There could even be a rotation if needed. I think that might help keep turn rate going. It is my observation that except as noted above, the biggest detractor for huge team games is turn rate decline. Hard to maintain interest.

Hmmmmm

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
A "new" tournament idea - by Montana Grizz - 01-08-2010, 03:13 AM
RE: A "new" tournament idea - by Von Earlmann - 01-08-2010, 09:18 AM
RE: A "new" tournament idea - by Montana Grizz - 01-09-2010, 12:34 AM
RE: A "new" tournament idea - by Cole - 01-09-2010, 12:48 AM
RE: A "new" tournament idea - by Von Earlmann - 01-09-2010, 03:23 AM
RE: A "new" tournament idea - by Cole - 01-09-2010, 03:53 AM
RE: A "new" tournament idea - by Larry Reese - 01-09-2010, 09:52 AM
RE: A "new" tournament idea - by Scud - 01-10-2010, 04:09 AM
RE: A "new" tournament idea - by Cole - 01-10-2010, 01:51 PM