• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Raw meat and computers...
04-21-2010, 05:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-21-2010, 06:16 AM by Crossroads.)
RE: Raw meat and computers...
(04-20-2010, 02:38 AM)Larry Reese Wrote: I would really like to see some changes to the CS gaming system. They are listed below. Discuss.

3. While I'd like to see a wholesale revamp of the indirect fire rules in CS, in the short term I believe a form of "persistant" artillery fire should be available.

While I haven't had time nor energy to start my soon-to-be famous thread called "The indirect fire implementation is spot-on" thread (pun intended :P ) I like your idea a lot!

As the two moves - one by each party - that make the one turn of six minutes of simultaneous time works well in many cases, the artillery barrage is a feature that could be perhaps modeled better. As it is possible to sneak in and around a barrage during the friendly movement...

What you are describing is that a hex marked for persistent fire should behave like a... mine field :eek1: in many ways?

Would make sense should it be able to model the attack factor of the said barrage instead? Regardless of caliber? A barrage is a barrage...? Would be easy to implement as well?

(04-20-2010, 02:38 AM)Larry Reese Wrote: 2. Disrupted units should not be able to spot. They are under heavy fire or otherwise pinned / broken to the extent that they cannot report what they are witnessing (other than adjacent hexes). From a mechanics standpoint I think this should be easy to accomplish if a way can be found to easily apply the "truck" spotting rules to disrupted units.

Hmmm... :chin:

Depends how you define "to spot"?

To actively recon and observe their surroundings? I would agree that it does not sound like something a pinned unit could do.

To call artillery to pre-plotted co-ordinates? I believe that is something they would very actively call for? :kill:

(04-20-2010, 02:38 AM)Larry Reese Wrote: 1. I think engineers should NOT be able to deploy smoke (or only selected high-value engineers).

Well, since you did ask for it, and I seem to be into my second large glass of red wine, heck with it, into a third one now, I will throw my 0.02 for this as well :smoke:

I would tend to agree... Either strip the engineer units of this capability, or allow it to all / most of infantry units?

Why would it be something an engineer unit could only do? Come to think of it, 250x250 meters quite an area. Then again, a platoon of men is quite a lot as well, isn't it. Should be able to keep an area under a smoke screen for some time ie. several turns? At least when on defensive?

Although I do not seem to remember the size and capability of smoke cartridges from my days at service. But certainly, if a platoon would be handed an amount of cartridges then they should be able to cover their positions? Not something that would require an engineer training?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Raw meat and computers... - by Larry Reese - 04-20-2010, 02:38 AM
RE: Raw meat and computers... - by Larry Reese - 04-20-2010, 11:00 PM
RE: Raw meat and computers... - by Jim von Krieg - 04-21-2010, 12:40 AM
RE: Raw meat and computers... - by Crossroads - 04-21-2010, 05:48 AM
RE: Raw meat and computers... - by Montana Grizz - 04-21-2010, 12:50 PM