• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Raw meat and computers...
04-21-2010, 02:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-21-2010, 02:54 PM by K K Rossokolski.)
RE: Raw meat and computers...
Comments on the points made by Larry.

1. Agree with caveats:
a. as long as the supply of smoke remains limited by the designer. We don't want Pte Jones carrying 200 smoke grenades. Where would he put the sarges' dirty picture books?; and
b. provided the historical accuracy of easily portable smoke grenades pre Vietnam* can be established. And their availabliity/distribution...Ethiopian feudal levies, for example...I think not.

2. Fully agree

3. I think this carries the implication of unlimited ammo,which is totally unrealistic. This is not a fantasy game, but a historical simulation. That said, it is worthwhile in the context of an overall discussion on arty, which remains a contentious subject, I think. There is a body of opinion believing there should be two ammo levels, arty and other. The effectiveness of arty remains ...what....controversial?

On engineers, while the new capabilities are terrific, what possible justification is there, both in logic and in military history, for mine laying engineers taking their bat and going home after one field per scenario???. Bullsh*t!! Mines are merely another type of ammo, carted around boxed in trucks (rag top or open). As long as the minelaying element is in supply, and undisrupted, and starts the new field at 100AP it should be able to dig and layaway forever. The present limitation is bizarre..unless it is some computer stuff.

Thanks for the post Larry. We need stuff like this. I don't know about raw meat, but it does seem like you are into the tofu (see thread below).

* we had plenty then but when did the grenades come on the scene?. I did like goofy grape and lucky lime; mellow yellow was OK too, andthere was blue, red, orange(?)
Further to point 3.
It may not carry the implication of unlimited ammo supply. I may have misread Larry's point, and overreacted as usual!!. I do think a wider duscussion on arty is desirable...probably necessary
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Raw meat and computers... - by Larry Reese - 04-20-2010, 02:38 AM
RE: Raw meat and computers... - by Larry Reese - 04-20-2010, 11:00 PM
RE: Raw meat and computers... - by Jim von Krieg - 04-21-2010, 12:40 AM
RE: Raw meat and computers... - by Crossroads - 04-21-2010, 05:48 AM
RE: Raw meat and computers... - by Montana Grizz - 04-21-2010, 12:50 PM
RE: Raw meat and computers... - by K K Rossokolski - 04-21-2010, 02:50 PM