• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New WF Scenario: First Battle of Tembien
05-05-2010, 01:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-05-2010, 01:15 AM by Crossroads.)
RE: New WF Scenario: First Battle of Tembien
Mike, thanks for your thorough answers! I appreciate the effort you've put to this scenario!

(05-04-2010, 08:47 PM)Kool Kat Wrote: Actually, my scenario "First Battle of Tembien" received a score of 7.79 (8 test reports) and fell a little short of H2H approval. But in the end, it was a good thing. It proved that the H2H method of developing CS scenarios works.

A scenario that is H2H approved should allow two players (of equal skill levels)... an "equal" chance of achieving a victory. In "First Battle of Tembien," between players with the same skill levels... the Italian player will win the majority of battles. Therefore, this scenario is not "balanced" in true H2H terms.

:chin: (LOL surely a time-and-place for this annoying little smiley)

The purpose of the H2H productions, that of to create balanced scenarios has been explained to me well in the other thread. I can see the point, it is a fine goal.

Given what you say, the average balance of your scenario was less than 8.0, I assume (sorry, too lazy to check) some of the testers have felt 8 is the proper balance score, but a couple of more felt the proper score is 7. Fine. That is how they felt.

Unfortunately this means your scenario is doomed as far as the H2H process is concerned. That is fine too. I do understand it is not properly balanced for, well, balanced playing!

I do not know... Maybe the H2H should come with two approval stamps?

H2H Approved for Play Balance
((balance*1.6)+(enjoyment*1.2)+(briefings*0.2)/3 ) >= 8.0

H2H Approved for Enjoyment
((balance*1.2)+(enjoyment*1.6)+(briefings*0.2)/3) >= 8.0

Surely, tough criteria to meet still?

I am mostly for the latter camp, again that's just me, but it somehow saddens me that after all the work and testing the scenario is considered a failior (as far as H2H is concerned)?

Somewhat OT, I thoroughly enjoyed the **Morning of Fire... that hangs there in high seven average balance as well. I surely hope it does not end being uploaded to DB without a H2H stamp too...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New WF Scenario: First Battle of Tembien - by Crossroads - 05-05-2010, 01:09 AM