• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Off topic: Danish documentary from Afghanistan
06-01-2010, 10:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-01-2010, 11:12 AM by Walrus.)
RE: Off topic: Danish documentary from Afghanistan
Thanks for the update Jesper.
It really does look a cracker doco...and it is excellent that it won in Cannes.

I really supported when the Taliban was kicked out - but after seeing this film I wonder if we ever get rid of them - it just looks too much the footage from Vietnam I watched in the news as a kid long ago.

Well said.
There are reams of historical information on how hard it is to occupy Afghanistan.
The British especially should have known what they were getting themselves in for, after all , this is their third time there in recent history eh.

It's always going to be hard to 'get rid of' someone from their own country eh.

The Afganis, especially the Pashtun do not take kindly to being occupied and told what to do. They are an incredibly tough and hardy people and their pride alone will always cause them to struggle for liberation when they are occupied.

It is good to see some gritty truth managing to make it out of that country and onto our screens...though sadly, as this is a documentary rather than a movie, it will not be widely watched, especially in the places that matter.

I have a feeling that this war will drag on for a long time yet.
A sad time, and indeed a modern Vietnam scenario.

Edited to conform to Forum rules, hopefully.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Off topic: Danish documentary from Afghanistan - by Walrus - 06-01-2010, 10:55 AM