• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Can someone delete/update the dead scenarios?
06-20-2010, 06:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-20-2010, 06:55 AM by Bear.)
RE: Can someone delete the dead scenarios?
(06-19-2010, 04:38 AM)Dog Soldier Wrote:
(06-18-2010, 11:07 AM)Ratzki Wrote: I kind of agree with you Bear. Might it be possoble to note scenarios that are not here at theBlitz, but at other locations?

It is policy here at the blitz to have written consent from the owner of the mod before posting a copy of it here for download. Be sure to do this. I would be respectful of the owner and even have permission to create a link to where the mod is stored if the owner does not want multiple copies on different sites. Our DB has a field for any scenario marked as custom to store such a link.

The biggest reason a scenario can not be removed from the DB is if it has a single game report. Once there is a game report the scenario entry stays forever.

Dog Soldier

"forever" does not compute in database schemes. That notion is close to an oxymoron as I can imagine. The inevitable outcome is that the scenario lists will become irrelevant in less that two years time. I have scanned our lists, being a scenario designer looking for comments etc. about my wares, and right now there are MORE DEAD Scenarios than downloadable ones on the Combat Mission Scenario Lists. The ratio, I've not calculated, but it has increased close to a factor of 100% in the past year. It is too soon for me to determine if is this growing corruption of the database is an arithmetic or geometric progression, and that is if the trend remains the same. And no one can predict that.
So the question is whether to fix and control the lists now or watch, monitor the downward spiral of legitimacy of our Combat Mission Scenario Lists. In addition, many scenarios listed were not fully described by the person uploading (lazy or stupid) and those scenarios cannot be filtered or sorted by our own scenario search engine.
I believe there is an urgency to deal with these matters. Combat Mission is the biggest single attraction to our club. And if we don't cater to our best customers, lurkers and players then our club is doomed.
There are solutions, is there a club will and focus to get on with it?
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can someone delete the dead scenarios? - by Bear - 06-20-2010, 06:46 AM