• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Is this possible?
07-21-2010, 03:46 AM,
RE: Is this possible?
I think it's a novel, albeit ambitous concept you posted for a scenario. Being new to Squad Battles I may not be the best person to answer but I'll chime in with my opinion :)

I think with the current build of the Squad Battles engine I don't see this happening anytime soon. I think the scale of the game is best suited for clearly defined objectives on a clearly defined map with the scenario being a snapshot of a larger battle or area of operation.

I have to ask myself the question, what makes a good scenario? For me I would list these conditions to be part of a fun scenario/game

-Give both sides the option of more then 1 choice of action when planning an attack or defense at the start of the scenario. Choices are good and this game is about tactics
-Involve different types of units to enhance tactical choices by the players.
-Use different types of terrain to again have the players make tactical decisions.
-Introduce some element of chance/luck to the scenario, "immobiles" are a good example of this in the game engine already.

That's off the top of my head, and I am starting to rambe too! I wouldn't mind seeing linked scenarios with units that get carried over to the next scenario.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Is this possible? - by Outlaw Josey Wales - 07-21-2010, 01:30 AM
RE: Is this possible? - by White Eagle - 07-21-2010, 03:46 AM
RE: Is this possible? - by TheBigRedOne - 07-21-2010, 04:15 AM
RE: Is this possible? - by Outlaw Josey Wales - 07-21-2010, 04:40 AM
RE: Is this possible? - by White Eagle - 07-21-2010, 04:52 AM