• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

F '14 the Schlieffen Plan and Holland
08-03-2010, 06:01 AM,
RE: F '14 the Schlieffen Plan and Holland
"I do like that idea of the Dutch. They have already been overlooked in France 40. We all know the outcome, but having the Dutch as part of a campaign would make it better, I think. Especially if there are no fixed units. It could be interesting for a German cdr to think he could take the Netherlands with half the force historically used or commit more taking away from France. I like the multinational flavor a lot, but still think it would be better. I can't see that France 14 would be any different. Just a thought."

The biggest problem would be adding on another 2 weeks to the campaign. The 1914 early campaign is ingenious as it bypasses completely all the time consuming, and essentially inconsequential, maneuvers in Belgium and gets right down to the nitty-gritty. The addition of the Dutch would encompass, IMO, a "what-if" the Germans had committed to a full-bull von Schlieffen, left East Prussia denuded to one army, denuded the southern front as well, and went for it as von Schlieffen had envisioned. jonny:conf:
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: F '14 the Schlieffen Plan and Holland - by jonnymacbrown - 08-03-2010, 06:01 AM