• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Ant Tank Guns Underrated in CMBB?
08-20-2010, 02:29 AM,
RE: Ant Tank Guns Underrated in CMBB?
It does not help with QB and players choosing Vet or better mortars and guns. Those Vet mortars can drop a round into the top of a coffee can at 500m in about there 2-3 shot. The AT guns do not stand a chance. Add to this the player's ability to just click on a unit for ID, then couple this with total control of fire by all your units and the guns are usually not long for this world.
This is why I play with certain "rules" that myself and a couple of long time opponents use all the time. It just makes the game more realistic, of course you have to get your opponent to use them as well, wihich is sometimes met with resistance. Plus you have to trust that the other guy is playing by the rules.
We never click on an enemy unit, target by the NEXT TARGET only.
We only manually target with units that are in command (red line), Unless the unit has a radio like FO's and Tanks with radios, ect. This goes for area fire as well as direct fire.
Detailed Hits button off.
No holding over an enemy with the LOS on to get range, hit %, ect.
We do use the Gridded Terrrain mods.

All these make the play less reactive and it cuts down on the " you spot a gun on one side of the map and on your next orders, you manually target every available shooter to fire at this gun from one side of the map to another. It forces you to keep units in command and you never seem to have enough HQ's to be able to target manually all the time.
It's not for everyone, but if you want things to play out a little more like history would have it..... something has to be done. Just as easy a way, but not quite as effective is to allow no Vet or better mortars or make the QB selection for units be just quality MEDIUM for both sides. There are probably a couple other things that can be done, but this is all I can come up with off the top of my head and while my 4 year old daughter is braiding and putting bobby pins in my hair.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ant Tank Guns Underrated in CMBB? - by Ratzki - 08-19-2010, 01:26 PM
RE: Ant Tank Guns Underrated in CMBB? - by Ratzki - 08-20-2010, 02:29 AM
RE: Ant Tank Guns Underrated in CMBB? - by Splork - 08-20-2010, 12:56 PM
RE: Ant Tank Guns Underrated in CMBB? - by Bear - 08-20-2010, 01:26 PM