• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Video Display Issues in Map Editor
10-04-2010, 05:08 PM,
RE: Video Display Issues in Map Editor
(10-03-2010, 02:04 AM)Sgt K. Kat Wrote: Dan, I have exactly the same issue with my standard HP desktop with Windows 7 (64 bits).

I only have the issue with the map editor. The way I work around is, as I have a 24" Full-HD screen

- I select the area of the map I like to view, and it is a rather large view with the big screen
- I select a hex in the middle of the view
- Having the hex selected, I press "1", if it is the zoom-in view I want to work with,
- And the map redraws itself.

As long as I don't scroll everything is OK

- Then, I scroll to a new position, select a hex, press "1" (or what ever the view you are working with, you do not need to change it), and again the map re-draws.

This behaviour has nothing to do with the size of the map (unless, of course, the whole map fits into your screen at once, then there will be no problems).

I had a thread about this some times ago either here or at Matrix, and it seems some of the guys with W7 64 bit do not have the issue, they have no problem at all.

Now, it seems your problems are worse than mine as I do not have any issues with normal game play using that map, nor, weird enough, when I use the Scenario editor at the exactly same map.

I am afraid I can not help as to what is behind this behaviour, but I can assure you are not going mad. You might've been screwed, though cheers

Go figure.

Hi Dan:

That sounds like the same problem I was having when playing one of Earl's Chronicle scenarios. I increased my monitor's "refresh rate" from 60 hertz to the max I can go which is 75 hertz. It has made a big difference and the problem now only happens occasionally and when it does happen it's not all that bad. I then just zoom in or out as Sgt K. Kat had mentioned and the map display is fine. Just a thought and maybe worth a try? Good luck...
Good Hunting,
Reddog
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Video Display Issues in Map Editor - by Reddog - 10-04-2010, 05:08 PM