• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New round of mod updates for Panzer Campaigns
10-06-2010, 01:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-06-2010, 01:09 AM by Philippe.)
RE: New round of mod updates for Panzer Campaigns
Many thanks.

White numbers against a light background aren't really difficult to read, they're more like impossible to read.

But if you don't select the unit before you try to read the numbers you'll find that you're looking at white numbers against a very dark background.

Even if the lighter background (the 'selected' state) were darker, it would still give you eyestrain because it would be white on a (now darker) light background. Make it dark enough to eliminate eyestrain and it becomes impossible to distinguish the 'selected' from the 'unselected' state. I actually had almost the same color backgrounds for 'selected' and 'unselected' in one of my now-vanished Napoleonic mods, but have decided that it's too important for game-play reasons to be able to tell at a glance what's selected and what's not.

So the only solution that I've been able to come up with is to read the details of the unit in its unselected state. A bit like look before you leap.
History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New round of mod updates for Panzer Campaigns - by Philippe - 10-06-2010, 01:08 AM