• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New round of mod updates for Panzer Campaigns
10-06-2010, 06:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-06-2010, 06:30 AM by Philippe.)
RE: New round of mod updates for Panzer Campaigns
(10-06-2010, 03:39 AM)Ivan Wrote: My honest opinion. for what it's worth. I've just tried it on Minsk. I think the 2d zoom out is a definte improvement, much friendlier pastel colours. The 2d normal view however does not work for me, I prefer the vanilla Jison. The counters and symbols don't seem as polished and the text is hard to read in the side bar as mentioned. I also find you have to turn on the hex grid to navigate. If there is an option just to install the 2d zoom out I would go for that if I'm honest. It's great to see people putting their time in like this and I'm sure it will be to some peoples tastes more than mine. Perhaps it would be an idea to offer a zip that just updated the 2d zoom out side of things for those that prefer the Map Mod graphics in 2 normal. But that is a little cheeky perhaps. Thanks for you effort, hope you don't mind my feedback.

If you don't like my 2D terrain, counters, and symbols, simply re-install Jison's mod on top of mine. That should overwrite everything on the map surface apart from my 2D zoomed-out counters. They use uniform colors rather than Jison's symbolic color scheme, so you might want to replace them with the HPS originals (or make a set of small counters out of Jison's larger units).

With a few minor exceptions my counter colors are derived from actual uniform colors and my symbols are generally historically accurate. WW II was ugly and not to everyone's taste, and some people find authenticity far too confining.
History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New round of mod updates for Panzer Campaigns - by Philippe - 10-06-2010, 06:10 AM