• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Can someone delete/update the dead scenarios?
10-11-2010, 03:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-11-2010, 03:19 PM by Dog Soldier.)
RE: Can someone delete/update the dead scenarios?
(10-09-2010, 09:30 AM)Bear Wrote: Authors of scenarios that show not available for "Download"
should goto their scenario and modify it completely.
Make sure it's in a winzip as well.
Leave no prompt or slot unanswered.

Bear is incorrect.
Actually it is the policy of the blitz for the author to control the choice to host or not host their scenarios here at the blitz. Some choose to simply place a link to another site where they maintain their work. The authors of scenarios are free to choose what works best for them.

Dog Soldier
(10-09-2010, 12:59 PM)Mad Russian Wrote: When making updates to my scenarios here on the site I ran across an interesting situation. For the scenario HSG B The Sharp End (CMAK) I found this comment attached to the scenario page.

David Galster wrote:

On 8-15-2010 I modified the scenario to reduce German forces and make it more balanced. The II./60 PzGr Battalion moved east of La Roche and II./156 PzGr Battalion removed entirely.
Thanks, David Galster

I wasn't aware that scenarios were changed here at the Blitz for ladder play.

Now, Mr. Galster doesn't say if he released my scenario, with his changes, or not. Since, I never received any correspondence from him about it, I would hope he didn't.

Good Hunting.

MR

It is expected that no one will modify and replace a scenario made by someone else without the original author's permission.

In this case if Mr Galster did make a change to MR's scenario and replace the original one here without MR's permission, MR can remove the file and replace it his original work or a recent update of the same. Naturally, if the existing file is an improvement you can live with, MR, then just leave it be. In all cases the original author has the final say and control of their work.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can someone delete/update the dead scenarios? - by Dog Soldier - 10-11-2010, 03:14 PM