• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Need help, game turned black
11-02-2010, 12:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2010, 01:39 AM by Crossroads.)
RE: Need help, game turned black
One thing to do would be to just save as often as you feel necessary given the hardware and the working environment (kids, pets, electricity surges) you have.

If you need to leave, save the file, close the program. Repeat as often as necessary :)

I save quite often myself, for the given reasons. I've mentionet that to my opponents, and assume that those that continue to play with me trust that there is a reason for the Games Saved pop up window.

I mean, if that feature was the reason why you don't save as often as you would, say, when you type a letter with Microsoft Word.

Rebooting often makes Windows more robust, as the background prosecesses do not get a change to hog all the reseources, as Dave mentioned above.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I had exactly the same issue with W764bit when using Arkady's early 64bit beta Unit Viewer. When having the game up, and then opening up the Unit Viewer, my game window went black and there was nothing I could do. Not anymore, with the latest Unit Viewer. I am not very good at these things. Go figure... Maybe the symptoms are telling something? Changing the screen resolution? Changing the screen refresh rate?

There was an earlier thread where Jason suggested some ideas to those who have an issue with Map editor on 64 bit systems... I will try to look that thread up...

EDIT2: This one. Does it help? https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...#pid330595
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Need help, game turned black - by Mark W - 11-01-2010, 11:23 AM
RE: Need help, game turned black - by Scud - 11-01-2010, 12:41 PM
RE: Need help, game turned black - by Mark W - 11-01-2010, 01:59 PM
RE: Need help, game turned black - by Scud - 11-01-2010, 11:44 PM
RE: Need help, game turned black - by Crossroads - 11-02-2010, 12:18 AM
RE: Need help, game turned black - by pawn117 - 11-02-2010, 01:29 AM