• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Missing Sounds in Panzer Campaigns
11-19-2010, 04:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-19-2010, 05:12 PM by Glenn Saunders.)
RE: Missing Sounds in Panzer Campaigns
Wow - all this on sounds.

> Anyone have any insights on this?

Certainly

> I'd be really curious to know if the Sealion game has the movement sounds,

No it does not.

> I may have found a bug, or the programming for getting the sounds to play correctly in the Panzer Campaigns games wasn't completely in place,

No Bug - PzC was not coded with Movement sounds although it will be in the next new game.

> When you send out an aerial recon mission it's conducted in absolute silence.

Right - these sounds were not part of the Series when the game came out. Sounds for the recon has been written to the code so the newest ver of the game would play it if the files were present, but the files were not sent in the patch - likely due to file size.

You can copy the entire \MEDIA folder from a new PzC to an older one - as long as you don't mix titles from different series, it should be OK.

> I've also been wondering how to get the movement sounds from the Total War Series and France 1914 into the Panzer Campaign games without having to wait six years for another full round of patches.

LOL - you can take them out of one series, but I have no idea why you would think the code would play them correctly using the PzC COde.

> I'll probably have to wait for the next release in the series before I start cannibalizing,

Actually we have movement sounds in the next game we release.

> but in the meantime (and also for the benefit of our Testinggruppenfuehrer) I have a few quick observations.

I'll bet you do.

> If you load the movement sounds from the First Blitzkrieg into a Panzer Campaigns game you get weird results.

Ya - don't do that - dumb idea really. The PzC EXE is not coded to call those files - so God only knows what you would get.

> Then I tried loading the movement sounds from France 1914 into a Panzer Campaigns game.

Ya - don't do that either.

Wait for the next game to come out and buy a copy of it and you will have correct PzC Sounds for the PzC Series - what a novel idea! :)

FWIW, the issue is not just a few small recon air files - rather a policy of keeping the updates small or as small as possible.

Airborne sounds (and sea invasion) were added in Normandy, so even though there is Airborne in S41 there are no sounds for it in this title.

Storms and the assocated files for this was added with Rzhez so you won't have those files in titles before the 8th title in the series, even though the code has been added for programmed weather and the storms to all the games.

Anyway - on the comment re the time between updates - we update all the games with all teh new features and codes changes on an as needed bases based on input from the guys who play the games and require the features we added for one reason of another.

For example we added the Nuke code to ME67 when someone asked me about some scns they were developing where the feature was needed to support the scns.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Missing Sounds in Panzer Campaigns - by Philippe - 11-19-2010, 03:18 AM
RE: Missing Sounds in Panzer Campaigns - by Glenn Saunders - 11-19-2010, 04:44 PM
RE: Missing Sounds in Panzer Campaigns - by -72- - 11-20-2010, 10:18 AM
RE: Missing Sounds in Panzer Campaigns - by -72- - 11-20-2010, 10:48 AM
RE: Missing Sounds in Panzer Campaigns - by -72- - 11-20-2010, 04:09 PM
RE: Missing Sounds in Panzer Campaigns - by -72- - 11-21-2010, 08:45 AM