• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Missing Sounds in Panzer Campaigns
11-20-2010, 10:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-20-2010, 10:26 AM by -72-.)
RE: Missing Sounds in Panzer Campaigns
Considering that anyone that has actually played any of the larger scenarios, knows that the sound load times bog down the play considerably; while the sounds are, I suppose a nice touch, in reality do many people really play with them on?

However, from a purely technical standpoint, if a program is making a 'call' for a particular sound file, and someone has a lot of time on their hands, I suppose if you identify that particular sound file that you want replaced - can't any file of an equal format (say .wav to .wav) be called on -if it is renamed to the file name of the file being replaced?

Which I suppose leads me to the conclusion that if I were to convert Stairway to Heaven in to a .wav file, then assign it the appropriate file name to be called upon by whatever program -then- well, I suppose the load time would be pretty long. (They ought to have a smiley with glasses taped together at the bridge ... I could use it at this point).

Ah well, whatever, seems like making a lot of work for not really all that much of a return -but then again, whenever I assigned air support points in War in Europe -the paper version, I never felt compelled to make airplane noises either. I suppose that's one of those "mileage may vary" non-issues.
Bydand
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Missing Sounds in Panzer Campaigns - by Philippe - 11-19-2010, 03:18 AM
RE: Missing Sounds in Panzer Campaigns - by -72- - 11-20-2010, 10:18 AM
RE: Missing Sounds in Panzer Campaigns - by -72- - 11-20-2010, 10:48 AM
RE: Missing Sounds in Panzer Campaigns - by -72- - 11-20-2010, 04:09 PM
RE: Missing Sounds in Panzer Campaigns - by -72- - 11-21-2010, 08:45 AM