• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Missing Sounds in Panzer Campaigns
11-20-2010, 10:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-20-2010, 10:55 AM by Philippe.)
RE: Missing Sounds in Panzer Campaigns
The gist of the long message which I just accidently deleted (and that I don't feel like reconstructing) was that there are some sound differences between Alamein and Tobruk, and that I've included some of the files that Alamein has and Tobruk doesn't to the latest version of my Tobruk mod.

Tobruk and Alamein have different background sounds even though the files have the same numbers and names. I'm leaving the Tobruk background alone until I'm convinced that one set is superior to the other. Tobruk will now have Alamein's sandstorms.

In the meantime I'm starting to worry about bandwidth, so I'm not sure how long I can keep the sound differences posted.
(11-20-2010, 10:48 AM)trauth116 Wrote: In that case all I can say is that the Combat Mission franchise uses a LOT less units than say, a France '40 campaign game scenario to name just one.

But then again, that crowd always has seemed to be in denial that they weren't playing a hex based game too. Big Grin

They're not playing a hex-based game. Combat Mission is actually a 2D game that uses squares. The 3D visuals are just fluff, only the fluff is so convincing a lot of people actually think it's what's really happening in the game.
History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Missing Sounds in Panzer Campaigns - by Philippe - 11-19-2010, 03:18 AM
RE: Missing Sounds in Panzer Campaigns - by -72- - 11-20-2010, 10:18 AM
RE: Missing Sounds in Panzer Campaigns - by -72- - 11-20-2010, 10:48 AM
RE: Missing Sounds in Panzer Campaigns - by Philippe - 11-20-2010, 10:52 AM
RE: Missing Sounds in Panzer Campaigns - by -72- - 11-20-2010, 04:09 PM
RE: Missing Sounds in Panzer Campaigns - by -72- - 11-21-2010, 08:45 AM