• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMSF The ugly duckling has changed into a swan
11-21-2010, 07:57 PM,
CMSF The ugly duckling has changed into a swan
CMSF The ugly duckling has changed into a swan.

I have been playing CM games since the start with CMBO, so I have some experience in playing these games.

When CMSF first came out it was the worst mess of a game I have ever seen .There were so many bugs that a pest controller would have had trouble in beating them back. So after playing it for awhile I gave up and un installed the game and placed it the cupboard where all the other poor games sit in dust.

But it was suggested that I reinstall the game and give it another go, well with all the patches the game has turned around into a very good game, its very hard to balance the advance with the Art and air support .

The other big thing over the other CM games is the range that your units get knocked out with is long and with night vision the dark is not a place to hide easy .Another thing is infantry they die quick, if they are caught in the open a platoon will fall apart and the Syrian infantry like to hide in the bottom of a trench and not fire which is such a pain. But when you get to grips with this and all the movement options and support it works well

The new mods that have come out (British+USMC) have made the game a lot more interesting to play and the scenarios are a lot better compared to the original CMSF game which are very poor with little thought out into them.

So I am converted to CMSF and love playing this game , so if like me you had this game in a dust filled cupboard then blow the dust off and give it another try .
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
CMSF The ugly duckling has changed into a swan - by Bidermann - 11-21-2010, 07:57 PM