• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Virtual Private Network
12-02-2010, 05:46 AM,
RE: Virtual Private Network
Yeah, was a good time. Just like playing live!

A couple of things I noted:

Multi players per side opens some interesting Op fire possibilities. Two players on the same side don't actually move at the same time. If one player is moving there is a bit of 'lag' I guess you would call it. But you don't have to wait until his moves are done.

One thing it doesn't mention in the manual (I think) is that only the Capt of a side can release arrived reinforcements, even if those forces have been assigned to someone else.

Also, I would suggest trying the timer out next time. It's not that the game didn't move smoothly, but using it might add some challenge. Give you less time to check every hex for the best sight and range. Some times you just got to move them tanks forward! Course the amount of time would be dependent on the Complexity scale.

One last thing. Someone (maybe the Capt?) should be designated Air Controller that gets requests for air support. Likewise with artillery, tho maybe only with higher echelons. Any mortars, etc intrinsic with your assigned unit is yours of course.

I'm not a big fan of Himachi, tho I know others who find it useful if they have trouble configuring their router or firewall.

Looking forward to the day when we have all 16 players around the table!
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Virtual Private Network - by Pointman - 11-29-2010, 04:35 PM
RE: Virtual Private Network - by RKFM - 12-02-2010, 05:46 AM
RE: Virtual Private Network - by Krec - 12-02-2010, 09:47 AM
RE: Virtual Private Network - by zap - 12-02-2010, 11:14 AM
RE: Virtual Private Network - by Pointman - 12-02-2010, 01:14 PM
RE: Virtual Private Network - by zap - 12-02-2010, 02:03 PM
RE: Virtual Private Network - by Pointman - 12-02-2010, 02:27 PM
RE: Virtual Private Network - by zap - 12-02-2010, 04:17 PM
RE: Virtual Private Network - by Pointman - 12-02-2010, 05:13 PM