• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

John Tiller Software is born--Digital Download
12-06-2010, 02:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-06-2010, 03:10 AM by TheBigRedOne.)
RE: John Tiller Software is born--Digital Download
I will gladly admit that I was completely and utterly incorrect that JTS wouldn't shift on the fly like this. I think we're seeing the dawning of a new day in the Tiller world, and it's great to see. The DD concept should be good not only for consumers ex-US, but for the company in general. No longer need to have a costly physical inventory, which should improve the bottom line will hopefully allow him to make improvements throughout his platforms.

That said, I am happy to be wrong on this one.

(12-04-2010, 01:49 PM)Dog Soldier Wrote: I suppose some who have posted in this thread will think I am being harsh. Well, I find it a little ridiculous to complain to the car company that there was a snow storm last night and it is up to the car company to get me to work cause I just moved here and never drove their product on snowy roads.

It was more as if you bought a car and found out, after you got it home, that only you could drive it. Fine if you're single, but if you've got a family, not such a good situation.

I read this after posting. It's an interesting 'shot' thrown out by HPS announcing that Tiller won't be publishing games with them...

Quote:HPS has several new games scheduled for release in the next few months, including titles from Jim, Paul, Jeff and Scott.

All of our games will continue to be available on physical disk (both through direct purchase and through distributors); gradually we will make existing games available by Digital Download too. The DD process is already set up – it is straightforward, easy, and devoid of registration hassles.

The HPS “No Nonsense” end user license agreement (EULA), also remains unchanged – whether the game is purchased by digital download or disk. Customers can install the software on all computers they own, and install the software on an “opponent’s” computer for the purposes of playing the game – as long as the program is removed from the non-owner's computer once the game is finished.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: John Tiller Software is born--Digital Download - by TheBigRedOne - 12-06-2010, 02:50 AM