• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

On board aircraft
12-14-2010, 02:02 PM,
RE: On board aircraft
Stuka airfields allow the Germans to put that fear into the French defenders for this scenario that is a what if for Sedan in which French forces have a better chance with an actual coordinated defense.

In my team match (same Sedan game), my Storch did fly back to my lines; however, it wasn't far enough. I thought it was, but the direct fire mortar acting in AA mode sent my plan plummeting to the ground trailing smoke...

I'm still learning the limitations of the on-board aircraft.. It's a new tool for me and one I'm not all that familiar with... For most scenarios they may be too much, but for the scenarios I'm playing they actually capture the historical feel of the battle... Stukas bombing the bunkers defending the river line from the German river crossing operations... So far, the few sorties across the River have resulted in disaster... but our combat power is still building... and I think we're about to force the river line shortly...

As the B-26's it is for the Aachen scenario and it is historically based for the medium bombers to hammer the defenses... So far a good scenario...

Regards,

Jim
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
On board aircraft - by Jim von Krieg - 12-12-2010, 11:12 PM
RE: On board aircraft - by Kool Kat - 12-12-2010, 11:29 PM
RE: On board aircraft - by Jim von Krieg - 12-12-2010, 11:48 PM
RE: On board aircraft - by Larry Reese - 12-13-2010, 01:57 PM
RE: On board aircraft - by Huib Versloot - 12-13-2010, 10:57 PM
RE: On board aircraft - by Herr Straße Laufer - 12-13-2010, 08:25 PM
RE: On board aircraft - by junk2drive - 12-14-2010, 12:34 AM
RE: On board aircraft - by Jim von Krieg - 12-14-2010, 02:02 PM