• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Idol Observations
04-08-2011, 02:14 PM,
RE: Idol Observations
Good point Jason, on not needing extensive time to inspect the vehicle and unrig it, but does not really address the amount of time spent prepping the vehicle prior to putting it in the water, the very slow speed, or the inability to exit the water except at long gentle slopes. Can you give the source of the quote? I'd like to take a look.

Oh, and I noticed a typo in my original (late night) post. It should be: they should NOT be allowed to exit the water into rough terrain, forest, or even city/town hexes in my opinion.

And here's two more, just for fun:

4. Hot keys - I'd really like a hot key for "double time." I play and design large scenarios and with massed infantry it takes a long time to click the stack, then move down to the buttons and hit double time, and then move back to the destination. I LOVE the ability to load and unload using the "0" key, saves a lot of time. One for double time would also help.

5. Put special functions in the vehicle description. Right now, for example, if you look at the Russian Maintenance Unit there is nothing to tell you that it can remove wrecks from roads, etc..., unless you've gotten deep into the manual. I've taken to telling players things like that in the scenario briefs, but it would probably be better if a player could hit F2 and in addition to the original "history of the unit" blurb, there would also be a notation that it can remove X number of wrecks from a hex per turn.

6. hmmmm... there was something else right at hand but it slipped my mind at the moment. Oh, this wasn't it, but it might do. I think auto-path may need some tuning with regard to contour heights. Many times in scenarios with significant deltas the auto-path will show I can reach a given hex, but if you try it, the game notes that the contour change is too great. Don't get me wrong, I dig the game and am not fault finding; just trying to help make it more user friendly.

7. It would be really nice if you could add air strikes as "reinforcements." It's unlikely 400 Stukas would all be available simultaneously for strikes on the same turn, while a gradual arrival/availability in the area (especially with a % arrival chance like other reinforcements) makes it a bit more realistic. I know some of the onboard aircraft could be used, but they tend to stay around permanently and appear to have unlimited ammo, etc....

Anyway, just ideas.

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Idol Observations - by Larry Reese - 04-06-2011, 02:00 PM
RE: Idol Observations - by British Tommy - 04-08-2011, 07:25 AM
RE: Idol Observations - by Jason Petho - 04-08-2011, 11:47 AM
RE: Idol Observations - by Larry Reese - 04-08-2011, 02:14 PM
RE: Idol Observations - by Jason Petho - 04-08-2011, 02:36 PM