• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A few graphics glitches to report...
05-19-2011, 05:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-19-2011, 05:31 PM by John Given.)
RE: A few graphics glitches to report...
(05-19-2011, 07:52 AM)Warhorse Wrote: If, when posting icon glitches, please try to include which unit strength unit is in question, and/or what time of year and theatre, also year of scenario in question. In the case of the King Tiger, there are two icon numbers, but in the special folder there can be also an early, late, and snow version of the same icon, in addition to the standard icon!!! This ould save me time tracking it down, and time is something I'm pretty short on usually!! Thank you guys! I will try to address some of this, if I can...

Mike
First two on list completed, will try to do more tomorrow!!

Mike

Thank you warhorse - the majority of the units were from the summer and fall of '43 for east front, but I realize that isn't very specific. In the future, I'll include exactly what unit came from where, and when.

Btw, the method I used to ferret out the units and look at them is to create a test scenario. I use a map from any other scenario and call it 'vehicle test scen' or some such. Then I make an oob and add any and all units from all nationalities that I suspect are new. I then create a scn file and put the new units onto it. Finally, after saving the file, I open the scen as if i were a player of the scenario, choosing 'manual' to both sides. At this point I can check their firepower, armor, mobility, graphics, and description - anything I want, and it's easy to make.

Quote: Huib Versloot Wrote: Maybe Jason can send you some documentation how to mod/improve graphics.

Yes, yes I can.

The information is in the attached PDF. This is a section from the manual, keep in mind it is still in DRAFT mode.

Jason Petho

Thank you gentlemen; I'm going to give this a good looking through. I was pretty good with microsoft paint at one time; it doesn't look like it'd be that difficult to create new icons. Top priority are the units that will be used often.
Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Sun Tzu
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A few graphics glitches to report... - by John Given - 05-19-2011, 05:15 PM