• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Ahistorical OOBs in HPS SBs
06-08-2011, 12:22 AM,
RE: Ahistorical OOBs in HPS SBs
At ease, Private.

Indeed a far more important thing in re-creating a historical engagement is the actual deployment of forces, TO&E used and applied and some other bits & pieces than whether the ballte at the LZ X - Ray was commanded by the 11th Air Cav ( Ambl ) Lt Col named Lopez( which it wasn't in fact ... ); thus if I have a lost platoon represented in a scenario that's alright with me from the tactical point of view, but ...

... we live in the data age where information is a weapon that can kill. Wars are waged without firing a single shot, they are lost & won in a moment because of the information management. We are fed with lots of information on a daily basis and gardually become overloaded with data. Wrong data creates a noise - that's how the theory has it and I think it can be observed in practice indeed - turn a few radios and TV sets at the same time, tuned them to the news chanels and see how long you can stand that ... I do not need noise and noise is not only potentially harmful so that needs to be selected and sorted.
Besides - much the way that Viking from "The 13th Warrior" movie has put that - once You consider what You can see, start thinking about what You can't and take it into consideration - when I see a mistake I start thinking about those that I couldn't have found and wheter I have not been deceived or mislead into wrong assumptions and conclusions.

I did not know about those Mr Tiller's apprehensions and as much as I can understand them I don't care about them; that's another example of that dumb political correctness which makes the things seen twisted & warped at times. Why that particular war should be a touchy subject and the other not? The only reason for I can come up with is that it is still a shameful and traumatic part of the US history, but that's the US citizens and authorities problem, not mine.
Finally, what about those people who did their best historically even if they were involved in fighting for the wrong or unlcear cause? Di d they not deserve their credit for the actions taken? And if that was wrong - the criticism? I saw "We Were Soldiers" movie and was informed that it paints a deprived and wrong picture of the events in the Ia Drang Valley '65. I read a book then so I think I know the fact, but still those are the facts of the authors - no two people give exactly the same account of the same situation they witnessed - but that's psychology - I only want to have the data correct and if that's not there should be a label "Historians' advisory; the product may contain information that is deceitful".

BTW, Ironwulf Sir, am I right to send the scenario file over to Your field HQ? ...
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Ahistorical OOBs in HPS SBs - by burroughs - 06-06-2011, 05:25 AM
RE: Ahistorical OOBs in HPS SBs - by Wolfgang - 06-06-2011, 06:35 AM
RE: Ahistorical OOBs in HPS SBs - by -72- - 06-06-2011, 02:53 PM
RE: Ahistorical OOBs in HPS SBs - by TheBigRedOne - 06-07-2011, 02:15 AM
RE: Ahistorical OOBs in HPS SBs - by Wolfgang - 06-07-2011, 03:28 AM
RE: Ahistorical OOBs in HPS SBs - by TheBigRedOne - 06-07-2011, 03:52 AM
RE: Ahistorical OOBs in HPS SBs - by Wolfgang - 06-07-2011, 04:15 AM
RE: Ahistorical OOBs in HPS SBs - by Dog829 - 06-07-2011, 08:25 PM
RE: Ahistorical OOBs in HPS SBs - by burroughs - 06-08-2011, 12:22 AM
RE: Ahistorical OOBs in HPS SBs - by Dog829 - 06-08-2011, 02:19 AM